[bksvol-discuss] Re: Working draft "Educational Books"

  • From: Ann Parsons <akp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 22:15:48 -0400

Hi all,

Hmmm, this is a pretty open ended definition, and that's good.  Not quite sure
what you mean by "genre fiction".  1984 and Brave New World are in the
curricula of many schools and they are Science Fiction.  Riders of The Purple
Sage is a Western, but it is a good chronicle of the time.  What about
historical novels like hmmm Stevenson's The Black Arrow or Richter's Light In
The Forest.  I know the Richter book is definitely on reading lists, maybe that
is what lets it in?  Hmmmm, very interesting.  Erotica I can understand and
apologetics both fiction and nonfiction is certainly understandable since it's
a federal grant.  All in all, I think that's a fair definition, Pavi, at least
as well as I understand it.

Ann P.

--
AAnn K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."  JRRT