[bksvol-discuss] Re: WordPerfect

  • From: "Lisa Belville" <lisab12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 18:07:22 -0600

Hi, Dan.

I used WP briefly while tutoring a friend who had it installed on her PC.

I believe this was WP 10 with JAWS 5.0. There is a learning curve, but it's not as steep as you might think.

While in Word Perfect, Hold down the Insert Key and press F1 twice quickly. This should bring up the Application Help file specific to JAWS and Word perfect. Here you'll find the various shortcut keys used in JAWS in WP. You can also bring up this file by going to the JAWS Help system, choosing JAWS Help Topics, and bringing up the Popular Applications Book.

Off the top of my head, I believe Alt+page up and Page Down will move you backward and forward in a document page by page. That's the only WP specific keyboard command I can remember. Other commands used in MS word like Insert F, work the same as they do in Word.

The menu structure seems to be more intuitive as well. Most of the formatting choices are listed as separate menu items rather than being accessed via a multi page dialog as they are in MS Word. You access the menus and submenus just as you would in MS Word.

Hope this helps some.

Lisa

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dan Beaver" <dbeaver888@xxxxxxxxxxxx>