[bksvol-discuss] Re: Word on Page Breaks from Jim Fruchterman

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2005 11:38:50 -0800 (PST)

--- Dave,

I got about halfway through your message and, though I
know that exercising one's brain and really
concentrating and working it is good for preventing
Alzheimer's, I sort of gave up and decided that's too
much for me. Then I got to the part that you don't
know if it will work on a Mac, and I had to laugh--and
keep on reading, just to torture myself but also to be
in awe at your knowledge and effort to solve the
problem. Do you get the Tourbus newsletter? Now the
editors put Mac readers don't bother, or something
like it, at the beginning of certain things.

To be a ltitle more serious, I don't think it will
work on a Mac because only in one recent file that was
sent to me have I seen the little square that
indicates a page break. In the ones I've downloaded
and converted they weren't there and I had no idea to
what people were referring when they mentioned it.

Anyway, what I've decided to do (besides basically
sticking to rtf files) is take the txt files that are
Poor romances for which I can get the books (I've
found that, at least the one I've started with) are
missing pages and parts of lines) and re-submit them
as rtf files, rejecting the txt file. It's been said
here over and over that the preferable form for
submissions is rtf. I know, though, especially with
the instructions you've now given, that txt files can
be validated by some people, so except for the
romances, I'll leave the rest to those who can do
them.

Again on a serious note, many thanks, Dave, for
looking into the problem and providing a solution.

http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250