[bksvol-discuss] Where I was From

  • From: "Mary Otten" <maryotten@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 16:05:42 -0600

Hi folks,
Some weeks ago, I checked out that book for validation, found a page that
needed a rescan to be made legible and ordered the book from my local library,
which said they had a copy. Well, apparently, somebody
has made off with it, or its lost in their system, because I never have gotten
the book, although there was no waiting list for it. So, reluctantly, I let my
edit time expire, and the book is up for validation again. I ran ranked
spelling on it, which is how I found the page that needed rescanning. Other
than that page, there are some other pages where two printed pages show up as
one document page, so the validator will have to insert a
few page breaks, which will be easy, because headers are in there, so you'll
know where to put the breaks. This did not happen with all pages. The scan
itself seemed good, other than these problems. So if
somebody who has a scanner can find a copy at their library and re-do that
really garbled page, the rest shouldn't take all that long. My appologies to
Brian Miller, who has probably been wondering  why his book was
not yet approved.
If the book is still on the download page when or if my library actually finds
its copy, I'll be happy to do it. I just didn't think it was fair to keep
holding this book when it seems apparent that I'm not going to be able to fix
it
up.
mary