[bksvol-discuss] Re: What's right and wrong with the manual?

  • From: "Kim Friedman" <kimfri11@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 01 Nov 2009 02:07:20 -0800

    Hi, Bob, I'm proofreading a book and I looked at the proofreading
manual. I must say, I feel a bit lost. I'm confused for one thing. How does
one use computer Braille to proofread, i.e., if I wish to use my BrailleNote
mPower 32 with a Perkins style keyboard, how would I use my BrailleNote to
proofread a book for Bookshare or how do I use it in conjunction with those
methods you've included, i.e., using Microsoft Word and Kurzweil. I'm
feeling the Braille readers are being left out. Of course, I'd feel better
with some serious mentoring. Regards, a puzzled and rather daunted Kim
Friedman.

  _____