[bksvol-discuss] Re: What's right and wrong with the manual?

  • From: "Kim Friedman" <kimfri11@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2009 00:06:46 -0800

Hi, Amber, you bet I'll definitely keep in contact with you. I'm
proofreading a book for Mike. It's a book by Lee Killough, a SF writer. What
I'm doing is keeping the file on the computer while Jaws reads the text to
me and I read along in Braille using the BrailleNOte in terminal mode. Is
that the way you proofread books using it? If you know of any tricks and
tips for me to do this right, your help would be invaluable to me. Also, one
more reason for us to talk to each other. No, I'm not twisting your arm,
Amber. Take care and best regards. You are talking to somebody who knows
little about word processing except for making sure my emails look good, and
as for Kurzweil 1000 version 11? Very extremely inexperienced, I assure you.
I'm not lacking in intelligence, just lacking in nohow when it comes to this
sort of thing. I've read the proofreading manual and right now I feel I
don't wish to mess with the text if I can help it. What I need to know is
knowing when or where to delete spaces in a file. I know some are supposed
to be there,but I've noticed while I'm reading along, seeing one word on my
Braille display, but haven't deleted any spaces for fear it may be the end
of the line in the print text. Don't know this for a fact. I'm reading every
word in Braille and listening to it spoken via Jaws. Regards, Kim. P.S.:
Have a great week. K.'

  _____