[bksvol-discuss] Re: Validating with BrailleNote

  • From: "Kellie Hartmann" <hart0421@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 20:13:44 -0500

Hi Bobbie,
I discovered that if I have punctuation set higher than 2 or 3 I get all the
formatting characters read with speech. To turn this down, go in the options
menu, choose review voice, then turn the punctuation level down until the
results are what you want--mine is set to 2 and I'm happy with it that way.
As for the format markers, a lot of them are truly identifiable. They have
to do with font size and style and other formatting characteristics. Mostly
I leave them alone--if you delete the wrong ones sometimes you lose large
portions of the file, and it's virtually impossible to know which are the
wrong ones.
Hth,
Kellie