[bksvol-discuss] Using the MacRE: Re: Proofreading Hiatus for Lissi Until Late Monday

  • From: "Kim Friedman" <kimfri11@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 04:10:37 -0700

Hi, Cindy, if you go to the store to by a computer from Appal, anyone you
purchase will have the OSX operating system and VoiceOver built in. I don't
know if there are people on this list who own a Mac, but they can tell you
about how accessible it is. Also, I understand that you can get a program
for it that will allow you to do Windows stuff, in effect, you can run two
operating systems on the same computer. I have no idea how this is done, but
there some techies who know about this. Also, if you go to Appal's web site,
you can find out what they're doing. Now there's an iPod Touch which is
supposed to be fully accessible. Regards, Kim.