[bksvol-discuss] Re: Trying to validate a book

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 19:01:43 -0700 (PDT)

I checked Amazon--"Looked inside the book." It happens to show the first two
pages of text, and the story does indeed start on p. 11. A lot of books are
like that. When I see that, I count backward and number the preceding pages,
including blank pages, so readers aren't confused. For some unknown reason,
some publishers include all preceding in the count even though they don't
number them.

I have requested the book and can tell you what the chapters are and if there
is a table of contents. Usually if there is that shows up when one looks inside
the book, but not always, I suppose.

It might take a week for me to get the book. If someone answers your questions
before then, please let me know.

G.Cindy