[bksvol-discuss] Trying to Educate myself about K1000K1000 Instructions

  • From: "NANCY M HILL" <girlyscream@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 May 2008 15:26:24 -0400

Hi Booksharians,

I recently bought a copy of k1000. I had help in optimizing the default setting on my scanner and have even scanned a book. I have not yet learned how to check percentages and the other things you need to do after the bbook is scanned, but before you send it along for validating. I am looking for a go by that will virtually hold my hand as it points me toward the things I need to do. I have read the volunteer manual, looked thru the info on the website and even looked at the Kurzweil homepage to try and find directions that will feel useful I saw there is a patch for v11, but I don't even want to think about that now. I was told that there are some useful mp3s on the K site, but it seemed to be consentrating so much on the k3000, that I failed to see the helpful parts for K1000.

Would some kind soul point me to info that will help me become a competent user of this fine program?. I find that I think I will like using the menus for the program rather than the num pad.

If you have your own version of helpful hints and wouldn't mind sharing, I would be up for that too.

If you would, please contact me directly so I won't clutter the list with my ineptness.

Thank you ever so much for any helpful tidbits you can toss my way. I am very hungry for K1000 information/instruction.

Sincerely,
Nancy Hill

girlyscream@xxxxxxxxxxx