[bksvol-discuss] Re: Three Wishes

  • From: Pam Quinn <quinns@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 17:27:08 -0500

I think I'm just going to reject it. It would take more time to fix
the garbled text and making the other corrections than it would to
scan, and some of the garbled text I wouldn't even have a clue as to
what to replace it with. I agree with Guido in that now that we have
so many books in the collection, and given the capability that we all
have now to produce excellent or at the very least good scans, fair
just isn't going to be acceptable to most of us. I've submitted my
share of fair scans and I cringe now when I see them. But they were
old scans and we can do better than that now. The software is better,
and we've gotten a wealth of suggestions from this list for making
corrections before we even submit.

I'll see if my library has Three Wishes, and if they do I will re-scan
it.

Pam