[bksvol-discuss] Third Submission

  • From: "Natasha Baebler" <guidingpaws@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bookshare Volunteers" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2008 11:18:16 -0500

The Alligator's Farewell by Hialeah Jackson. first in a series of two books.

Some deadly things in the Everglades crawl . . Some slither . . . And some walk
on two legs . . .

People who haven't been hurt by life don't become private eyes. Before
Annabelle Hardy took over her father's Miami detective agency, she was
beautiful, married, and teaching at Yale. She's still beautiful-but  now she's
deaf, widowed, and  learning the lessons of the streets from her hot-tempered
and oddly named partner, Dave the Monkeyman. They're not your usual P.I.'s. And
their  new case is not your usual murder. A scientist at an Everglades atomic
plant has been found dead. His corpse was so dangerously radioactive that no
one would agree to bury it. And so important that someone was willing to break
into the reactor to steal it. Investigating the murder, Annabelle and Dave are
finding all manner of things dark and dangerous: a nuclear scam; a nudie bar
called the Alligator Hole; and a man so seductive Annabelle wants to suspect
him of terrible crimes ... so she can avoid the risks of falling in love.

Natasha and Guide Dog Fossey

"I want to be successful like everyone does, but through my idea of success. I
don't just mean that I will make a lot of money and be known for what I do, but
that I make a difference in someone's life."
-- Megan Piontek 1985-2008
{{Miss you forever}}