[bksvol-discuss] Thank you and another question

  • From: "Wanda Cochran" <wcochran@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 21:30:24 -0400

Hello.  Thank you Ralph and Laura for your help with Openbook.  I hope to try
submitting a book in the near future.  I have a couple of questions about
proofreading.  The manual says to set the page length to 22" in the page setup
of Word, but what should be the width?  What should be the margins?  I did the
training manual which was set to 8.5 by 11 with one inch margins, so I'm
confused as to how handle books with differing lengths so the page layout does
not get wonky.  How do you format the bologna at the beginning of the book
which might list all the books sold by the publisher and all of the blurbs from
newspapers?  I'm proofing a cookbook, so should I format the title of each
recipe in 14 point bold type?
Thank you for all your help.  I get my email as a digest, because I belong to
too many groups.The hardest part of learning is getting through the beginning
of the curve, so I respect all you hardy souls.
Wanda