[bksvol-discuss] Re: Terminology (was Prairie Dogs). Reject vs release

  • From: Nimer <nimerjaber1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2008 18:37:05 -0700

And, I was one validator for Genie. When downloading the book, it was in the RTF format. However, the book was a braille book, meaning that contractions such as the th sign showed up as a question mark. I didn't have the ability to fix this, and it was in the wrong format anyway, hence I rejected it. I hope I did the right thing.

Thanks
Nimer J

Nimer M. Jaber

it
is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any
review,
reliance
upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient
is
prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete
the
material from any computer.

Website:
http://www.empowertheblind.org
Phone:
(720) (251-4530)

Cindy Rosenthal wrote:
Please, all, be careful to use release when you tell us that you've released
the book back to the download page and reject reject when you indicate to the
administrators that the book can't be fixed and it is deleted from the download
page. Some of us (me, for example) are easily confused. smile

I was confused until I went to the download list and looked for both Prairie
Dogs and Genie.

Prairie Dogs was released, not rejected, and, as Judy says, Carrie explains why
on the comments. Also, the validator explained that there was a problem with
page four.

I can't get the book but maybe if I can see the page I can fix it. I'll write
to Shelley.

I don't know what was wrong with the book Genie, but presumably the submitter
and validator will be informed.

WISH LIST (CALLED REQUESTED ADDITIONS TO THE BOOKSHARE COLLECTION)IS AVAILABLE AT http://www.friendsofbookshare.org/wish_list/wish_list.htm
www.lljfm.net/bookshare/home.htm

A LIST OF BOOKS CURRENTLY BEING SCANNED IS AVAILABLE AT http://www.friendsofbookshare.org/