[bksvol-discuss] Tabs question

  • From: "Sue Stevens" <siss52@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 20:58:44 -0500

Hi All,

In the book I have started proofing there is a problem with tabs on some lines,
not on all lines.  There will be a portion of text, then a big space, then the
rest of the line.  If I backspace between the first and second parts of a line,
the last word of the first portion is up against the first word of the second
portion.  Then if I space just one, it goes back the way it was.  As I
understand it, the tool takes out these spaces, but I would feel a lot better
if I knew a way to remove them.  They are not tables.  It is a novel, and they
just continue the story.  Is there a way to correct this problem?  Oh, and I
have Word 2010.  (smile)

Thanks,

Sue S.