[bksvol-discuss] Submitted/nonfiction

  • From: "Deborah Murray" <blinkeeblink@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2013 14:53:46 -0500

Hi all,

I've just submitted for proofing "The Energy Reader: Overdevelopment And The
Delusion of Endless Growth" by numerous contributors.

It's been read and spell-checked. All headers stripped, page numbers/section
titles present, footnotes formatted, all fonts adjusted.

370 pages.

What magic, or monster, lurks behind the light switch and gas pump? Where
does the seemingly limitless energy that fuels modern society come from?
From oil spills, nuclear accidents, mountaintop-removal coal mining, and
natural gas "fracking" to wind power projects and solar power plants, every
source of energy has costs.  The Energy Reader takes an unfliching look at
the systems that support our insatiable thirst for more power along with
their unintended side effects.

Deborah