[bksvol-discuss] Submitted funny mystery

  • From: "Natasha & Fossey" <guidingpaws@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 12:15:13 -0500

I just submitted Top o' the Mornin' by Maddy Hunter.  This is the second in her
very funny Passport to Peril mystery series.  It's extremely funny.  I've
pre-validated it so it should be easy.  But one word of warning - it's jam
packed with dialect and slang.  So be mindful of this when choosing a text
quality rating.

From the book jacket:
Emily Andrew is earning some much needed green by navigating the twisting roads
of Ireland with a group of seniors, including her beloved Nana.  But once the
hearty troupe from Iowa lands on Irish sod, trouble starts brewing: there's a
death-defying incident with a horse-drawn carriage... and a gender-bending
encounter with Emily's ex-husband Jack, now known as Jackie.  No wonder Emily
has come down with a smarting case of hives!

The plot thickens like Irish stew when the group settles into Ballybantry
Castle, where a ghost is said to wander the halls.  But it's no blarney when a
very real corpse turns up in one of the guest rooms.  While the murderous
malarkey has Emily step-dancing as fast as she can, one sure thing emerges from
the mists; not even St. Paddy himself could drive out the spiteful serpent that
slithers among them!

Natasha & Fossey

Guidingpaws@xxxxxxxxxxx

http://www.livejournal.com/users/guidingpaws/