[bksvol-discuss] Submition

  • From: "Natasha Baebler" <guidingpaws@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bookshare Volunteers" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 20:51:30 -0500

Hi All,

I just submitted "Only: A Novel" by Winston Groom (author of Forest Gump). It's
about 170 large print pages and is a really clean scan. The only issue is that
the book just barely fit on my scanner. So page numbers didn't always scan. But
other than popping those in, it should be an easy validate.

lonely dog. Only has a curiosity that leads him to exciting and dangerous
adventures, filled with happiness and sorrow, and through it all the elusive
prospect of romance with a beautiful female named Blossom.

Called Only because he is the lone survivor of a litter of sheepdogs who are
accidentally poisoned, he is raised by a young couple and shares their trials
and triumphs, at home and at sea. Secretly, though, Only yearns for the world
beyond his yard and his leashed walks. One day his opportunity comes and he
sets out on an adventurous odyssey across the countryside in search of his
beloved Blossom.

Natasha and Guide Dog Fossey

"I want to be successful like everyone does, but through my idea of success. I
don't just mean that I will make a lot of money and be known for what I do, but
that I make a difference in someone's life."
-- Megan Piontek 1985-2008
{{Miss you forever}}