[bksvol-discuss] PQ Books & Kurzweil

  • From: "Pavi Mehta" <pavim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 12:06:37 -0800

Hi All,

Just wanted to forward on this piece of information from Rob Turner of
customer support, to those of you who have recently run into trouble
opening the new PQ books in Kurzweil:

"As you probably know already , Engineering and other staff are working
hard to finish our new website which we plan to launch by the end of the
year. One component of this development includes new DAISY conversion
tools that fix the Kurzweil publisher quality book issue. Unfortunately,
these tools are integrated into the new website and cannot be rolled out
separately. For the time being, please work around the problem by
unpacking publisher quality books manually and if necessary, reading the
HTML copies. Now that we are fully aware of the problem, you can stop
filing new reports for this particular problem."

Want to add here that if there are other issues that you run into with
these or other books in the collection, please do let us know. You can
Report Books quality issue using the link on the appropriate Book
Information page. Thanks for all your work!

Warm regards,

Pavi

Pavi Mehta

Volunteer Coordinator, Bookshare