[bksvol-discuss] Side Effects

  • From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 00:27:33 -0500

Cindy, I just got your post (that was sent Wednesday - just got it Thursday evening in my mailbox!) about this book. Thank you for taking over the validation and getting it into the collection. smile.

I agree - it is a fantastic book. It shows what it's like from a teen's perspective to have cancer, without being maudlin or falling into the trap of portraying the character as 'heroic' just because she has cancer.

Highly recommended, even for adults!

Judy s.