[bksvol-discuss] Seasons of Our Joy submitted

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 20:00:18 -0500

It took a while for this book to get to my library, which was frustrating.

But book submitted.

Seasons of Our joy: A Modern Guide to the Jewish holidays.

It does have recipes, and hebrew words and prayers, that I can't garantee
the accuracy of.

Smile.
From the book Jacket:
Circling the Jewish calendar from Rosh Hashanah to Tisha BAv. this lively,
accessible guide leads the reader on a spiritual journey through the year.
Seasons of Our Joy explores:

 ? the meaning of each holiday in relation to the history of the Jewish
people and individual spirituality

 ? how the place of each holiday in the cycle of the moon and the changing
seasons affects the mood of the day

 ? ritual and spiritual ways to prepare for each festival?including recipes,
songs, prayers, and suggestions for new approaches to holiday observance

"A wonderful blend of information and innovation that will help
readers find both traditional and new meaning in the Jewish
holidays."
?JUDITH PLASKOW, author of Standing Again at Siitai

"Arthur Waskow's unique voice, at once eloquent, musical, creative, and
passionate, rings throughout Seasons of Our Joy, weaving together strands of
Jewish life: the meaning of our ceremonies and celebrations; the
spirituality of the individual; the essential fragility and wonder of the
world entrusted to us; the mystical chains which bind together the
generations; and, permeating all of that, Waskow's powerful Jewish vision of
peace and justice." ?RABBI DAVID SAPERSTEIN, Director, Religious Action
Center of
Reform Judaism

"Seasons of Our Joy brings reverent renewal to ancient practices. And it
presents new understandings and approaches which we are invited to sanctify.
This book will heighten your awareness of the eternal religious power of the
Jewish calendar." ?RABBI GORDON TUCKER, Dean, Jewish Theological Seminary

Shelley L. Rhodes M.A., VRT, CTVI
and Guinevere, Golden lady Guide
juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs For the Blind Inc.