[bksvol-discuss] Scanning poetry

  • From: "Rik James" <d28rik@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 14:38:42 -0700

Hi ya again,

Before I forget, I was gonna mention this.
In learning my K-1000 program, I learned of a neat thing for doing poetry.
We had a thread on this subject a month or so ago, I think.

The K-1000 program has a feature in the Settings under the Reading section.
It is the area about LINE ENDINGS.  You can Ignore them or Respect them.
When you respect them, they stay as they are, as lines upon the page, rather
than running together.  This is just what we need to scan our poetry!  I
just finished doing an 86 page book of poetry and it turned out wonderfully.

Of course you don't worry about centering it or any of that stuff.  But
keeping the lines in their proper position, that is what is essential.  So
when we read using a screen reading program, we just navigate line by line.

Neat-o, huh?

Thanks.
Rik