[bksvol-discuss] Reply from Pam

  • From: "Pavi Mehta" <pavim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 15:03:31 -0800

Hi All,

I forwarded on the appreciation from the list (regarding Pam Bortz's
scans) to Pam herself and received a wonderful response.
I asked her permission to share the note here since I thought several of
you would enjoy reading it:

Hello, Pavi,

Thank you for your very appreciated note. I also am and have been
honored to be a volunteer of Bookshare ever since its inception. As a
braille proofreader since 1980, I certainly can appreciate high quality
not only in braille transcription, but also in scanned materials for
Bookshare. I hope that I can continue to produce high-quality work for
many years to come. We are all in this project together, and if it were
not for tips and suggestions for improving the quality of my scans as
well as support from others of the Bookshare family, I probably would
have "thrown up my hands" years ago. At any rate, thank you as well as
the rest of the Bookshare staff and volunteers in our continuing efforts
to make the printed word more accessible for the print disabled.

Sincerely,
Pam