[bksvol-discuss] Re: Removing Holds

  • From: Cindy Rosenthal <grandcyn77@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2012 17:26:06 -0700

With the limit of 5 books to be held in our piles for proofing and all the
books some of us are going to be working on it's not going to be easy to
check out books form the checkout list.  Proofing a complete book takes
time and so usually only one or two can be  checked in within a month (at
least by me, and that depends  on the size of the books and how much needs
to be done to it before the final spell-check and pagination check; I can
release a couple that I suspect no one will take, but if he scanner sees
the book on the checkout list he/she may wonder why I  released it. I
haven't seen a place to explain my reasons for releasing a book, though
there used to be one. Hopefully scanners will do what I see one has done
whch is to say Hold for sighted person (add who can get the print book) or
put in the comments section that the book has problems and needs to be
proofed by such a person.
Cindy

On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 3:21 PM, Madeleine Linares
<Madeleinel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

>  Hi everyone, ****
>
> ** **
>
> It is that time already! On Monday (9/17) I will be removing the holds
> from books that have been sitting in the queue for more than one month! I
> will not remove the books, just the words “HOLD FOR [name]” so that anyone
> can grab them.****
>
> ** **
>
> If you have books with holds for you, please make sure to check them out
> over the weekend.****
>
> ** **
>
> Thanks,****
>
> ** **
>
> Madeleine Linares****
>
> Volunteer Coordinator****
>
> Bookshare, a Benetech Initiative****
>
> 650-644-3459****
>
> madeleinel@xxxxxxxxxxxx****
>
> ** **
>
> Join us in celebrating our 10th
> Anniversary!<http://blog.bookshare.org/2012/03/11/join-bookshares-worldwide-10th-anniversary-celebration/>
> ****
>
> ** **
>
> [image: Description: Title: Bookshare logo: Bringing Reading to Life for
> 10 Years]****
>
> ** **

JPEG image