[bksvol-discuss] Re: Redneck Night Before Christmas

  • From: "Estelnalissi" <airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2006 15:28:30 -0500

Dear Tracey,

I did the Redneck Illos and thank you for taking time to tell me you liked them. It was slow going visually, but the pictures had bright contrast and were huge so I could see them. The illustrations in some books just look like formless blobs. You make me feel so happy to have made the effort by saying something nice.

Though I lap up goopy sweet Christmas stories, I also love spreading smiles and chuckles so tried to add Christmas books for a wide range of tastes this year. I validated a steamy Sandra Brown Christmas novel as a thank you to the volunteer who helped me download my first book from Bookshare 20 months ago. An Irish Christmas is for readers who like non preachy stories about down to earth people and is full of witty tales I predict lots of our guys will like. The Redneck Christmas was for everyone who can get down and silly and isn't touchy about political correctness, and if there's time, a fabulous book with the background stories of 31 popular Christmas carols is coming. All of this is thanks to a tireless volunteer who did the timely scanning for me. I've learned it's not polite to tell about off list, behind the scenes, doings information on list, but I hope she jumps in and accepts the credit for scanning overtime to get these books up in time for Christmas. There were 131 Christmas books on Jakes list when I checked in November. I added 5 that were floating in the collection 2 of which I validated last year. my goal is to make it 140 by Christmas, and I'll reach it if I can get the carol book validated in Time.

And, all of the goal setting in the world wouldn't have counted for anything without Gustavo approving the 3 books I just finished so quickly. Thank you, Gustavo! It really is a beautiful thing the way all of us combine our time and talents to add books to the Bookshare collection.

As I've Validated these books I've felt like a Santa's Bookshare elf with a red neck, a halo, a sentimental heart and a wide rowdy streak!

You rang my Christmas chime, Tracey, with your thoughtfulness. Thanks, again.

Always with love, and Merry Christmas,

Lissi

P. S.
Soon it will be back to Tolkien, the project of a lifetime, before he sends a balrog to incinerate me!

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tracy Carcione" <carcione@xxxxxxxxxx>