[bksvol-discuss] Re: Ramblin' Man: The Life and Times of Woody Guthrie

  • From: "Rik James" <d28rik@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 13:15:16 -0600

Always something new for me.
Guess that is what makes each day unique.

Just started working on validation of Ramblin' Man: The Life and Times of
Woody Guthrie by Ed Cray.

I am using Word 2003.
When I opened the Rich Text Format file, there are many things in a TABLE.
Contents, for example.

And one page reads okay with speech - chapter number, then chapter title,
then page number, and then the next page it is not the same - it will have
all the chapter 1 chapter 2 chapter 3 and so on, and then the chapter titles
all together and then all the page numbers.  I figure this is an error, but
what should I do?  Re-assemble the whole thing, let it go?

Not having used Tables in Word that much, I'm not sure what if anything I
can do, or maybe I don't need to.

Before I go into this area of confusion, does anyone have experience or
advice?
I can tell you more about it, but first, I'll see what anyone sayd.

Thanks.
Rik