[bksvol-discuss] Question on readability presentation

  • From: Valerie Maples <vlmaples@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Alisa Moore <alisam@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Carrie Karnos <CarrieK@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Madeleine Linares <Madeleinel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2012 01:55:01 -0700 (PDT)

I know occasionally allowances are made for slight changes to the print to
allow
for better readability.  I am doing a very old book where instead of bolding
words to be important/emphasized they are instead separating each letter with a
hyphen to make it more dramatic.  An example in this book was the word
wonderful, which was instead represented as: "w-o-n-d-e-r-f-u-1".  It would be
wonderful (no pun intended) if we had permission to remove the hyphens and
unify
the word and instead place it in bold print.  Would this be an allowable
exception to improve readability/listening?

Thanks!
 Valerie

Bookshare: Bringing Reading to Life for 10 Years
http://www.bookshare.org/