[bksvol-discuss] Re: Quandry About Val McDermid Mysteries

  • From: Monica Willyard <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 22:07:20 -0400

Sue, Kathy, and Courtney, thanks for helping me decide. I do think
these mysteries are worth scanning, and I'm glad to know I'll have
proofreading help. Courtney, I'll see which books I can get first at
my library. I'll try to do the series you want first.

Kathy, I'm glad to know someone understands my feelings about scanning
what I want to read, even if it might be replaced someday. I know I
often seem to have a different way of looking at things, and I wasn't
sure if anyone would understand that. For me, there is something
liberating about being able to get access to a book when I want it,
not when someone else decides to make it available. That freedom of
choice, that self-determination, is a critical part of volunteering
for me. It's the difference between being a client and being a
participant. I want others to enjoy my work, and I want my work to
mean something, but I'm at peace with the idea that my work won't last
forever unchanged.

Your Crocket book sounds interesting. I'm looking forward to reading it.

--
Monica Willyard
Visit my GoodReads book shelf at http://www.goodreads.com/plumlipstick