[bksvol-discuss] Procedure Question

  • From: "NANCY M HILL" <girlyscream@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2008 01:18:07 -0400

Hi All,

I finished scanning my book a while ago. I pressed the rank spelling button and it gave me a number, which greatly improved when I left out capitalized words.

Here's the question:

the word is kat, I tab and see that it does or does not have a replacement suggestion. I tab to the read in context...still not sure about kat. Tab on over to where you can enter on the word and the location where it is used is brought up. I find the word and I can tell it is correct because it's talking about a kit-kat candy bar. At that point, I hit escape and land back on the rank spelling listand tab to the word kat, tab past and go to ignore all which I hit. Then I tab more past the ignore all, past edit and wind up at apply. I hit there. Does that make my word safe? If a lot of the mis spelled words are actually correct and I go to ignore all, do I have to immediately go to apply to make my words safe

What is the "OK" used for?

If I go to edit with the word kat and find that it should be 'cat' do I change the word to cat right then and do a ctrl s to save the corrected word?

At what point have I done enough to exit the rank spelling and move on to something like numbering the pages by the book and then reading the book and hopefully catch some of those silly words that are spell right but are the wrong word? I am doing all of this in K1000.

Where can I find out what else needs to be done to the book itself before I fill out the required paperwork to submit the book?

Thank y'all for any and all help and suggestions.

Nancy

girlyscream@xxxxxxxxxxx