[bksvol-discuss] Problem with soft page breaks

  • From: "Lori Castner" <loralee.castner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 16:35:52 -0700

I am proofreading with Windows 7 and Word Office 2010 and am encountering a
problem which I have not had before.

When I get to the bottom of a page, and sometimes at the top I have needed
to add a return before the first line of text or before or after a page
number at the bottom of the page.
On many pages, when I add a return I get a soft page break. I have changed
the page length to 22 inches, all side and top and bottom margins are set at
one inch. Also, I have checked to be sure that the white space above and
below each paragraph is set at zero.
Is there any other way to remove white space?
I know that soft page breaks are not a problem for the translator, but they
are a problem for me, simply because I find them confusing.
Does anyone have any idea why this problem is occurring and even more
important has to solve it?
Thanks.

Lori C.