[bksvol-discuss] Re: Please remove from processing

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 05 Aug 2009 05:43:04 -0400

Do you want to submit scans of cookbooks or validate them? If you want to proof them, how can you check the numbers without a print copy Kim? Of course you can do what I did and proof with a sighted volunteer helping out, but that is a difficult way to get your feet wet as a proof reader. You may want to start on something easier for your first proofread until you learn a bit about volunteering. I use a braillenote for proofreading. Remember to put the rtf on the braillenote as an rtf and once you open it, say "no" when you close with "space e" and it asks if you want to save in braillenote proprietary format. You want to keep the file in rtf at all times. You are welcome to write me about using the braillenote and about proofreading.

Elizabeth

At 04:36 AM 8/5/2009, you wrote:
Okay, I'll bite, Judy, got any cookbooks for me?