[bksvol-discuss] Re: Planning to Scan

  • From: "Mayrie ReNae" <mayrierenae@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 21:06:48 -0700

Hi Christina,

        Thought I'd warn you. "The Art of Detection" by Laurie R. King is a
book I started to work on and kind of bailed on.  It is written in two
separate fonts.  So, just when you think you've got your scanner settings
set right, the font will change, and you'll need to readjust.  It isn't
unmanageable, if you scan and read a few pages at a time as you scan.
You'll end up, probably, with two sets of scanning settings that will work
and have to switch between them.  I just wasn't patient enough to do the
work.  Just thought I'd tell you what you can expect with that one, so that
you can be prepared for the kind of work it will take.

        I really like that series of books, so will be thrilled and pay
homage to your patience once that one is in the collection!  Thanks for
taking on a bear of a book!  You're awesome!

Mayrie