[bksvol-discuss] Art of Detection

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 21:43:47 -0700 (PDT)

You conscientious submitters are absolutely wonderful, but you don't have to do
everything yourself. smile. That's what we validators are for--not to clean up
books that sloppy noncaring submitters submit, but we sighted validators,
especially, are here to validate problem books, e.g., books with different
fonts, side bars (not my favorites, but doable), charts and diagrams
(likewise), illustrations (if I can I'll let others volunteer first, but I'll
do them if no one else does), books that have quotation marks that should be
footnote numbers--whatever. Personally, I feel that validating problem books or
books that have content that others don't care to read is my primary purpose.
Books on the download list that look really interesting to me that are
purportedly Excellent, I feel you members should do. I can always read the
print book, but those of you who can't, I think should have the opportunity of
validating them so they don't affect your quota.
 smile

So don't worry ab out the fonts, Christina or Mayrie. Just go ahead and scan
and when you submit indicate the problem and that it should be validated by a
sighted person. smile