[bksvol-discuss] Re: Paragraphs

  • From: "Mayrie ReNae" <mayrierenae@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 21:26:48 -0700

HI Debby,

Open Book is unique that it inserts blank lines between paragraphs.  And you
are wasting your effort inserting blank lines between paragraphs.
Bookshare's tools will strip all blank lines between paragraphs when
processing your book to convert it to daisy.  Books most of the time have an
indentation rather than a blank line to denote a new paragraph when printed.
Sorry to tell you that you're wasting your effort putting in those blank
lines.  I wish I'd said it more gently somehow.

        Many OpenBook users mistakenly believe that all OCR programs, and
all printers put a blank line between paragraphs.   I just woke up from a
nap.  I should have some coffee.  I'm not writing as clearly as I like.
Sorry.

Mayrie