[bksvol-discuss] Re: Page 142 of Down to the bonny Glen

  • From: "Estelnalissi" <airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2010 16:04:36 -0400

Dear Andy,

I would write (illustration) or (picture) on page 142. Though I have the book,
I can't visually interpret the artist's style. It may be pencil or charcoal,
but the images are soft, almost blurred, and the values within such a narrow
range, that I can't see the large or small details. I need vibrant colors,
contrast, simplicity, and crisp outlines to be able to describe pictures. The
feeling I get from this illustrator's soft focus style is warm and idyllic, but
the actual content is a mystery to me.

If you need further help with the text, though, I'll be glad to help off list
or leave you in Pamela's capable hands.

Always with love,

Lissi
          From: Andy B. <sonfire11@xxxxxxxxx>
          Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Page 142 of Down to the bonny Glen
          To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
          Date: Sunday, July 25, 2010, 1:39 PM

          I seem to need this page too. Appears that somebody decided to write
all over the page in the book or something. Either the page comes back totally
blank or the entire thing is scrambled up.

          ISBN 0-06-440714-4