[bksvol-discuss] Pac Mate, (was: Re: Re: inquiry to braille users)

  • From: "EVAN REESE" <mentat3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 14:06:38 -0400

I'm sorry you've had such bad luck with the Pac Mate. The first unit I got had a lot of problems, so after a few months of having to do a great many hard resets, I got a replacement that has been extremely reliable. In a little over four years of pretty heavy use, as in just about every day, I've lost two files. And both of those in the last month. I hope something isn't going bad. It looked as though some keyboard activity I did caused all the data in the file to just vanish, but I can't recall what I did in order to try to duplicate the problem.

Well, I'll be sending it in for servicing here in a few months, and it will get the massive software update it needs.

Overall, despite those recent two file losses, I've liked it very much. Considering how much and how long I've used it, it has given me a lot of great reliable service.

Evan

----- Original Message ----- From: "Reggie & Brooks" <regandlon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>