[bksvol-discuss] Ot: To Jim, Re: Online Churches

  • From: Monica Willyard <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 22:39:29 -0400

Hi, Jim. Yes, there are quite a few online churches. As with anything, there are good ones and some that aren't so great. Some internet churches are actually brick and mortar churches who also have an online service using streaming media and voice chatting technology. Many sites have made a fully searchable version of The Bible available to anyone for free, and there are sites with great music too. There are also online Bible study groups and chat rooms where people can ask questions and/or request prayers when needed. An online ministry called Lamb's Voice helped me a lot when I was going through a really rough place in my life. I think churches are realizing that there are a lot of people who can't physically get to a worship service, and there are lots more who are wary of the whole formal church thing. They're embracing the net, and I think that's a very good thing. (smile) If you're looking for fellowship and/or Bible study tools, try http://www.crosswalk.com They have message board, several Bible translations, articles, and music too. I hope this helps to answer your question. Please write me off-list if I can be of further help to you.

Monica Willyard

At 08:38 AM 4/23/2007, you wrote:
Hi,
Hi,
Is there such a thing as an online church?

Thanks.

Jim