[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT:Am I going blind, or what???

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 22:50:23 -0800 (PST)

We had a color printer. I did use the color to
download some things from online, and then I stopped
and just used the black ink, when we found out how
expensive it was to replace the ink. When the black
ink ran out, we found we couldn't replace just the
black but had to get both cartridges--expensive. We
stopped using that printer altogether, since black is
good enough for us, as what we do mainly is print
text.

Nancy, I went online and found a monochrome (which I
assume means black) laser printer for $249 reviewed on
PC Magazine at this URL:

It looks big, though. I don't know if it would fit on
your desk. Pentax has some for $350 (rounded off).

Amazon seems to sell them, too. To paraphrase and old
commercial--you're probably too young to remember--let
your fingers do the walking...in this case, let google
to the searching. smile

Cindy