[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT: speaking of news items

  • From: "George Marshall" <marshall.geoma4@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 09:34:36 -0400

Hi Cindy:
I live in southwest Florida and yes the blind sports caster works the Hispanic
broadcast of the Florida Marlins.
All the best,
George R. Marshall
marshall.geoma4@xxxxxxxxx
          From: gwen tweedy <gstweedy@xxxxxxx>
          Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: Cherry Ames books
          To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
          Date: Tuesday, August 18, 2009, 4:59 AM

          Hey then that was worth it.

                    From: Valerie Maples <vlmaples@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                    To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
                    Date: Monday, August 17, 2009, 5:27 PM

                    Isn't that the truth? I am adding them for the next
generation, but truthfully, I am enjoying them as much as I did as a young girl
myself. I had a voracious appetite for reading, and the Cherry Ames books in
particular were a favorite. I think I read virtually all of the Nancy Drew
books, as well as a good chunk of the Hardy boys, and then I moved on to Agatha
Christie. I read very little these days, so the pleasure of reading childhood
favorites and adding to the collection so others might enjoy has been a really
nice reprieve from my normal daily duties.

                    By the way, I use speech recognition software and I am a
beta tester on the Mac side as well as a user on the PC side, so if you ever
see funky words that don't make sense, it means I did a terrible job of
proofreading my own e-mail. Unfortunately I usually miss at least one in every
message, that's the problem when it gets so good that you barely check what was
typed. Smiles

                    Happy reading everyone!
                    Valerie

                    Check out my kids at:

                    http://www.caringbridge..org/visit/nicholemaples <new>
                    http://www.caringbridge.org/ms/nicholemaples
                    http://www.caringbridge.org/ms/cindymaples
                    http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jorgemaples

                    On 08 17, 2009, at 8:40 AM, gwen tweedy wrote:

                    > It is wonderful now to go back and read books I just
didn't read or  pay much attention to when I was a child
                    > lots of really good books.
                    >
                    > ----- Original Message ----- From: "Susan"
<slumpkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Bookshare's collection!