[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT. scanning errors in Web Braille books?

  • From: "Jana Jackson" <jana@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 02:20:33 -0500

Hi, everyone! I've been out of town, and I've had quite a time sending and receiving e-mail. I've managed to keep up with all the list traffic, though, thankfully! <Smile>

I am so glad to know that I'm not the only one who has noticed the scannos in Web Braille (and I assume hardcopy Braille) books. I've also noticed them, and I've noticed that punctuation is often omitted. Maybe they're trying to save space in hardcopy books, but they're certainly doing a disservice to braille readers, especially students. Just my humble opinion! <Smile> Happy reading!

Jana

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jill O'Connell" <jillocon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>