[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT Scanner

  • From: Monica Willyard <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2007 05:42:03 -0400

Hi, Barbara. I have found that most modern flatbed scanners work well for books and that changing some settings within Kurzweil can often improve its ability to cope with different types and sizes of text. I use a Canon LIde-30 with very nice results. I'll gladly answer any questions you might have on the subject and also urge you to listen to the recording on getting great scans on http://www.friendsofbookshare.org . What I heard in that chat has drastically improved my scans, even with some odd types of print.

Monica Willyard, rhyami@xxxxxxxxx