[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT: RFBD

  • From: "Evan Reese" <mentat1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 18:34:44 -0700

I am pretty sure that's right.  You gotta pay, and the cheapest one I've seen
from RFB&D is $199, unless you get some kind of promotion.  If you get your own
CD player - I think it has to play MP3's, but you better check that - you can
send it to them and they modify it so that it can play their books.  That will
cost you only $10.  That might be a better deal than buying one of their
players, but I don't know if you would lose any nice features that theirs might
have that an ordinary player wouldn't.  I'm holding out for a better price
before I buy one from them.  I can get cassettes until next June, and I will
wait and see what kind of deals come along between now and then.