[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT NYC get-together

  • From: Tracy Carcione <carcione@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 08:03:21 -0400 (EDT)

Yes, $47 for the two of us.  There is tax in NYC, 8%, my husband thinks.

On Tue, 21 Jun 2005, Cindy wrote:

$47 for the two of you, including drinks? I'm pretty
conservative and don't like to pay a lot for dining
out, but that doesn't sound particularly expensive to
me -- or did you mean $47 each? Is there a tax in NYC,
and if so, what per cent?  Just curious.

Cindy

-- Tracy Carcione <carcione@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

New York City area volunteers,
There is a TGI Fridays at 47 E 42nd St., a few doors
east of Madison, which
makes it convenient for both me and E.  They have a
tasty grilled vegetable
and pasta dish, 3 or 4 kinds of fish, and other
stuff for meat-eaters.  It
cost me and my husband about $47 for dinner and
drinks, so it ain't cheap,
but it could be worse. There was music, but not so
loud that we couldn't
carry on a normal conversation, at least around 5,
when we were there.
So, what say we meet there next Monday, around, say,
5 PM?  That would be
the 27th. It would be fun to meet other volunteers!
Talk to me.  Time and date are certainly negotiable.

We can take this private, if only a few people are
interested.
Tracy

Yahoo! Mail Mobile
http://mobile.yahoo.com/learn/mail