[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT Kasondra 10 Weeks Pregnant

  • From: Carrie Karnos <ckarnos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 07:33:09 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Cindy,

The website I mentioned isn't a book, it's a screen that changes as you type in
a name. When you type in the J (for Jennifer), it shows you all the names
starting with J (where the width of the line indicates how popular it was over
the past century) so you see James, Joan, Judith, etc.  Then when you type in
E, you see all the names starting with JE (Jennifer, Jean, Jerry, Jessica,
Jeremy, etc.). When you type N, you see all the names that start with JEN
(Jennifer, Jennie, Jenna).  The lines are all in pink, indicating it's a girl's
name, and of course, boy's names are in blue. For a name like Kim, there are 2
lines, the pink for girls named Kim and the blue for boys named Kim.  Anyway,
it's a highly visual site, which is why I recommended that she get a sighted
friend to tell her what's going on.

Sorry I wasn't clearer in my original email, Carrie

Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Carrie, that does sound like an interesting book. My
husband has notice that Jennifer has become a very
popular name -- quite a few of his college students
are named Jennifer, as is our new next-door neighbor.

In our used-books store someone donated a book that
was nothing but names. It was very big and I didn't
think it would buy it, but I did put it int he back
room rather than discard it, just in case. It would
take nine months just to read through the book
(smile).

Cindy