[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT: Dragon Boating (was Re: Re: let disabled people know they can submit without being members)

  • From: "Katie Star" <kaitlyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 18:13:55 -0700

HI Carrie,

Portland is the only city in the U.S. that have the boats with the dragon
heads. Most times we paddle and race in what are called Hong Kong boats
which are smaller and lighter. The larger dragon boats hold 16 paddlers and
a caller and tiller. Where the Hong Kong boats hold 20 paddlers plus a
caller and tiller.

The larger boats are 40 feet long where the Hong Kong are 48 feet long.

You can see pictures at the Dragon Sports site!

Katie Hill

Expand your wealth at: www.838gold.com

"Come to the edge"

"We can't; we will fall"