[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT: Aliens

  • From: "Kasondra Payne" <Kassyp36@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 18:47:50 -0600

Kellie,

You aren't the only one who admits to being a trekky.  I fully admit that.
Here's how it relates to bookshare.  Back in high school, I had a boyfriend
who was caught a lot reading Star Trek novels in the back of his classes.
He had a whole collection.  I was always jealous because I could borrow a
few from NLS, but I always had to return them.  I did get a few on
dramatized audio tape, but it wasn't the same.  During my senior year, this
same guy and I had to adapt a scene from a novel for our drama class.  Of
course he chose a scene from a Star Trek book.  I wasn't able to get it in
time from NLS, and my Braillist was only able to copy the part we were
using.  I did the scene, but I really wished I had lots of Star Trek books
for pleasure reading.  Now because of bookshare, I have loads.  The first
book I loaded onto my bookport was a Star Trek book.  It's so great.
Kellie, you have been a great contributor to this collection!  Thank you!
By the way, I didn't marry that guy  with all the books.  I married another
Trekky I dated in high school.  (smile)

Kasondra Payne