[bksvol-discuss] Re: OCR software

  • From: "Valerie Maples" <vlmaples@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 11:54:57 -0500

Dear Jackie;

Thanks for the clarification, sometimes so many responses get added that I
was want to make sure people know which person initiated. I vaguely remember
using TextBridge some time ago, it must have come bundled with one of my
previous scanners. It is not Vista compatible, unfortunately. I own
OmniPage, but I find it cumbersome and not intuitive. My new scanner came
with ReadIRIS Pro, but so far to the best of my comparisons, only FineReader
has the ability to scan two pages at once and separate them when scanning
books. If I make an investment at some, I want to be sure to have the best
feature set possible to improve my accuracy and minimize my time. Any help
along those lines is greatly appreciated!

Take care!

Valerie

Please pray for Doug's Dad & visit his website:

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/billkoonce