[bksvol-discuss] O_T Religious materials in accessible formats

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <guidinggolden@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 21:48:25 -0500

Hi everyone, I am working on a project for work, and using the NLS reference Circular on religious and spiritual texts in alternate formats, updating it and locating new resources.

Does anyone have any Hindu, or Buddhist resources that are available for materials in Braille, large print, or cassette/audio?

So far I have references for

Judaism, Christianity, and some Islamic though I haven't verified them yet.

Would really appreciate the help. I am including naturally Bookshare and NLS in the listing, and including applications, brochures and the like. It will be created for my colleagues, but also maybe for a statewide thing, we shall see.

Thanks for any help you can give me!

Shelley L. Rhodes, M.A., VRT
And Guinevere: Golden Lady Guide Dog
guidinggolden@xxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs for the Blind
Alumni Association
www.guidedogs.com

Though force can protect in emergency, only justice, fairness, consideration and cooperation can finally lead men to the dawn of eternal peace. -Dwight D. Eisenhower, U.S. general and 34th president (1890-1969)