[bksvol-discuss] O T Movie chickens

  • From: "Estelnalissi" <airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2007 20:21:00 -0500

Dear Cindy, SF Readers, and Movie Fans,

Cindy, you and I are so alike in the way we react to scary movies, but in books, I never jump to the end, though I feel bad when I work my way to an ending that disappoints me or leaves me sad. Even if the critics and readership thinks the sad ending is appropriate, I want endings to be happy.

I bailed on the movie today because reviewers used words like dystopia to describe the society and I decided I could read books on my Braille Note more comfortably at home than in the lobby. I usually enjoy SF books where the world is rebuilding after a massive catastrophe. When I was little I fondly called them, "after the nuke," books, though that category has come to encompass a variety of catastrophes creating categories like after the pandemic, after global warming, etc. So with Netflix making it easy to see videos, and the almost certainty I'll be able to read, Children of Men," compliments of Bookshare, I opted out of going to see the movie today.

Robin Williams is still an interesting read, though not as light as it was at first. He has more excuses for his bad behavior than kids who don't do their homework.

Always with love,

Lissi

----- Original Message ----- From: "Cindy" <cindyr@xxxxxxxxx>