[bksvol-discuss] Re: Notes Formatting

  • From: "Lori Castner" <loralee.castner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 14:32:08 -0700

Hi, Alicia,

The section in the manual you are looking for is under
4.8 Advanced Proofreading topicss
        C.  Footnotes, Superscripts and Subscripts, and Sidebars
             1)  Footnotes
             2)  Superscripts and Subscripts
                  a.  If footnote numbers or footnote letters are superscripted
or
subscripted, leave them that way.
                  b.  The same holds true if footnote numbers or footnote
letters
are not superscripted or
                       subscripted:  leave them as they are.
                  c.  Put parentheses around each footnote number or footnote
letter.
                       Also, if not already there, add a space between the
footnote
number or footnote letter and
                       the word before it.
                       In the body of the text, change this:
                       Unemployment rose in the middle of this decade1.
                       to this:
                       Unemployment rose in the middle of this decade (1).

  Lori C.